Network Licensing for AGi32 and/or Photometric Toolbox requires the purchase of the Network Service software for a predetermined number of concurrent users. If you have purchased the Network Service software, log in to your account and download the installer. Installation instructions can be found in the download section of your account, or below for your convenience.
Installation instructions for LAI Network Service Version 6.3
Remote Deployment Tools (zip file)
With the Network Service installed and activated on your server, clients can be converted from Single User Licenses to access license keys from the network service.
- From the Startup dialog box, select Network License.
- Click on the Request Network Access Key link.
- Enter the user information. LAI#### is required. E-mail address is only required if you wish to have the Network Access key e-mailed to you. The Network Access Key is auto-generated.
- Enter a Username (this is how you will be identified in the Networking License Manager).
- Enter the IP address of the server where the LAI Network Service is installed and running, and click Connect. The server address MUST be a static IP address.
A persistent Internet connection to the network server is required.
- The Network License check out option is used to disconnect from the server. Examples: Going on the road with a laptop, or if the network connection is erratic (connect, check out, and then check in when connectivity is better).
- The Network License Check Out (enable/disable) and Check Out Interval (number of days) are set using the LAI Network Service Configuration Dialog.
By default, the license check out service is disabled.
- From the Installation and License Manger, select Check Out License.
- The Installation will operate as a standalone (no server connection required) for a designated number of days (this is set in the LAI Service Configuration dialog server).
The license check out decreases the license pool by one license for the designated number of check out days.
- Open the AGi32 or Photometric Toolbox program; select Installation License Manager from the Tools menu.
- Select Convert to Single User License button.
A prompt will ask you if you are sure you want to proceed. Important: DO NOT proceed unless you are positive that single user license capability is available in your account with Lighting Analysts. If your organization owns only a network license, there will be no single user license keys available.