The Save Tool allows you to save photometric files that have been modified in Photometric Toolbox. You can save a photometric file in British Standard CIBSE TM14 and/or EULUMDAT formats in addition to the standard IES format. Saving in these formats will require some additional information to satisfy the differing file conventions. Photometric Toolbox will notify you accordingly.
The Convert Tool in Photometric Toolbox converts Type C to Type B photometry and vice versa. It also allows the specification of alternative luminaire positioning angles to effectively change the test position of a luminaire. For example: turn a downlight into an uplight. The new re-positioned candela information can then be saved as a new photometric file.
The features available in the Convert Tool include:
- Change the density of the photometric web by specifying a new angle set
- Remove unwanted and/or unnecessary angles from the photometric web (IESNA File Format conventions still apply)
- Change the current photometric type (e.g. convert Type C photometry to Type B and vice versa)
- Change the luminaire testing position by applying up to four aiming angles: Orient, Tilt, Roll and Spin
Converting Photometric Files
The Convert Tool provides a single dialog for converting a selected photometric file in many different ways.
The Convert Photometric Type and/or Angles section allows you to convert between photometric types easily. You can even specify the photometric web parameters yourself. If you just want to change the photometric web, this section allows you to choose from standardized angle formats or customize your own.
The Modify Luminaire Test Position section allows you to specify a custom luminaire position using the standard luminaire rotation angles (Orient, Tilt, Roll and Spin). Photometric files converted in this manner will include a complete spherical photometric web (Type C data) to ensure that no data is lost.
A custom keyword ([_CONVERT]) is added to the photometric file to indicate the file has been converted along with a brief description of the conversion.
Who can benefit from the Convert Tool?
- Manufacturers - Use the Convert Tool to convert between types or change the luminaire testing position. By not having to retest the luminaire in a photometric lab for these reasons, you can save big $$$. This tool will pay for itself with just one conversion.
- Agents - Provide photometric data to your customers with custom rotation angles when required. Do your customers want photometric data for a downlight, when it was tested as an uplight? You can provide them with this information in one easy step with the Convert Tool.
- Specifiers - Do you need to know BUG rating or LCS lumens for dark sky compatibility information for rotated optics? You can easily obtain this information by using the Convert Tool. Simply, apply the required position angles in the Convert Tool and quantify the results using the IES Road Report Tool.
The Template Tool in Photometric Toolbox creates Iso-Illuminance templates (footcandle or lux) for most popular luminaire arrangements (single, back-to-back, 4 at 90 degrees, etc.). Templates are immediately generated on screen and can be printed at any scale for direct drawing overlay. The Iso-Illuminance contours are also user definable.
Other features available in the Template Tool include:
- Create custom arrangements that can be saved for use with any photometric file
- Consider any luminaire aiming combination (Orient,Tilt, Roll, Spin)
- Export the arrangement and Iso-Illuminance contours in DXF format for CAD import
- Output large format templates (up to C Size format)
- Select the optimum mounting height for the template based on a critical illuminance contour.
- Make templates for off axis aiming (apply aiming parameters to each head individually)
The Template Tool provides a dynamic worksheet like interface for template specification. In this tab you can change lamp lumens, scale, light loss factor, distance and illuminance units as well as select the appropriate Iso-Illuminance contours for your template.
The Luminaire Setup section allows you to select a factory defined arrangement or create your own. In either case, you may modify the aiming position of each individual head and save the arrangement for future use.
The Template Output tab allows you to customize the display of template results by adding your own banner and luminaire image to the printed output . The description can use IES Keyword data to automatically extract data from the photometric file or you can add your own information.